Thursday, February 7, 2013

A peek at my plate (day #3)

So I've kind of slacked on this blog for the last couple weeks, in preparation for midterms and as a result of an increasing number of work hours. Anyway, I've been trying to follow the Maximum Weight Loss plan as much as possible, in addition to cutting down on my salt intake (somewhat reluctantly, because salt-free canned tomatoes are at least double the price of the "regular" ones). Oh well, gotta pay the price for less bloat right?

My efforts have been paying off because I'm down a few pounds from last week. Yay!

I've been using my slow cooker quite heavily in the last few days to make variations of Jeff Novick's curried cauliflower dish. The first time I followed it nearly exactly, except I accidentally added twice the amount of frozen veggies and had to make some adjustments. I've since made it without the cauliflower, instead incorporating spaghetti squash as a thickener and the more generic broccoli, carrot, and green bean veggie mix. I mix it in with loads of quinoa and add some chili garlic paste for extra flavor. I could eat it every meal of the day and be satisfied.

Here's my food log for the day:
Breakfast: curried vegetables with quinoa and chili garlic paste
Lunch: black bean, tomato, and swiss chard stew
Snack: banana, minneola tangelo, and one boiled potato
Dinner: same as breakfast, and another tangelo

Also, I tried some Cocoa Spice tea today in class and it was TO DIE FOR. I had about six mugs while we were working on our potato-cooking lab. I'd highly recommend this for anyone wanting to cut down on their chocolate intake while still enjoying its intoxicating flavors.

In other news, I'm craving fruit so badly...I trolled around 30bad.com and fantasized about mono-mealing on either (a) red grapes, (b) papayas, or (c) tangelos. I definitely need to buy a case of fruit and a gigantic bag of potatoes (to have boiled & plain) when I get paid next and mix things up for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment