Friday, February 8, 2013

Recipe Recommendation: Megan Elizabeth's Mango Mayo

Good morning everyone! I've been wanting to share this recipe with everyone, and let me tell ya h-what - it's a damn good one. So Megan Elizabeth is a leader in the 80/10/10 raw movement, which has a very similar macronutrient ratio to the McDougall plan. Check out her website here. And spend some time looking around, because her recipes are awesome, low fat raw vegan deliciousness. :-)

So let's cut to the chase. Over the summer, I was trying my hardest to stay raw whilst getting my pound of greens in. This "mango mayo" made it an absolute joy to chomp away at a bowl of salad, and it became one of my biggest cravings. I still drool whenever I think of this dressing...it's just way too good.


Megan Elizabeth's Amazing Mango Mayo 
(Which, in my opinion, makes a phenomenal salad dressing!)
  1. 1 cup mango (if frozen, add 1 date for sweetness)
  2. 1 tsp chopped chives or scallions
  3. 2 big leaves of basil
  4. 1 big leaf of sage
  5. 1 medjool date
  6. (optional) 1 tablespoon tahini

Blend away 'til smooth and creamy!

Watch her video below to find out how to incorporate it into a raw collard wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment