Monday, January 21, 2013

A peek at my plate (day #1)

Breakfast
Bowl of oatmeal

  • approximately 1 cup dry, cooked in water with about 2 bananas for added sweetness and cinnamon for comfort and warmth <3


Note: Bananas are a big comfort food for me. I remember begging my mom for "mushed bananas" all the time when I was a little girl, and I vaguely recall looking through the cabinets secretively for Gerber banana baby food way past the age when eating it would be viewed as acceptable.

Snack
Smoothie

  • frozen bananas & blueberries, pineapple juice, and a big handful of spinach


Lunch
Mung bean and kale stew over brown rice with salsa

Dinner
2 squares of "taco pizza"

  • refried black beans with cilantro, onion, salsa, and tomatoes on an unfortunately non-whole-wheat dough....still delicious, but not as delicious as the whole wheat pizza dough from Happy Herbivore Abroad
FIN

There you have it, folks! My day of excellent and filling plant-based food. :) Stay tuned for more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment